THE ANGLO-SAXON EPISCOPATE OF CORNWALL; WITH SOME ACCOUNT OF THE BISHOPS OF CREDITON, E.H. Pedler, 1856; title page printed in red and black; index; xii+178pp; 8vo; some pencil annotations, otherwise contents good, contemporary half-calf, marbled boards, endpapers and edges, binding worn, spine label partially defective, lower cover detached. 15 pounds Engraved heraldic bookplate of Thos. M. Middlemore-Whithard
CALENDAR OF WILLS, ADMINISTRATIONS AND ACCOUNTS RELATING TO THECOUNTIES OF CORNWALL AND DEVON IN THE ARCHIDIACONAL COURT OF CORNWALL, PART I: 1569-1699, ed. R. Glencross, British Record Society, Vol. 56, 1929; (with which are included the records of the Royal Peculiar of St. Burian); vi+373pp; 8vo; orig. gilt dec. plum cloth, spine a little faded, a firm, clean copy. 30 pounds
[Manuscript] Indenture, 1869, between Rev. Henry John Arundell Fothergill, of Sithney, of the one part, Rev. William Walter Gurney, of Roborough, co. Devon, clerk, and Edward Hearle Rodd, of Penzance, gent., of the other part: re assignment of an insurance policy on a collateral security for securing 2,600 pounds and interest. Other persons mentioned include Elizabeth Fothergill. Signature of a Launceston solicitor as witnesses on reverse side. Written on two large sheets of vellum, bearing three red wax seals, two blue revenue stamps, in good condition. 15 pounds
PAROCHIAL AND FAMILY HISTORY OF THE PARISH AND BOROUGH OF BODMIN, J. Maclean, 1870; list of subscribers; various pedigrees; illus. with 8 plates including lithograph colour frontispiece, and many illus. in text including frequent coats of arms; index to persons, index to places; 8+ii+253pp; 4to; some spotting on first and final few leaves, bound in later cloth, preserving old leather spine label (gilt lettered). 65 pounds
A separately published part of History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor.
INDEX TO CORNISH NONCONFORMIST REGISTERS DEPOSITED AT THE PUBLIC RECORD OFFICE,
L.W.L. Edwards, 1976; limited edition of 500 copies. This very useful finding aid comprises a surname index to nonconformist baptisms and burials, each entry containing the forenames, year, and chapel or circuit; xv+138pp; 4to; orig. plum cloth gilt, in virtually new condition. 5 pounds
BLACK'S PICTURESQUE GUIDE TO THE ENGLISH LAKES, 13th edition, A. & C. Black, Edinburgh, 1865; with maps and illustrations; xxxii+291+48pp, including advertisements (some with illus.); small 8vo; orig. gilt dec. green cloth, a bright copy. 15 pounds
[Manuscript] Indenture, 1758, between John Harrison, of Upper Lorton, yeoman, and John Wilkinson, of Scales in Upper Lorton, gentleman: conveyance of a messuage and tenement in Upper Lorton, and several closes of arable ground called Gainbanks Long Draught and Hewflats situated at Gilbreay, and a close called Little Long Draughts, etc., at Upper Lorton, all according to the rents and other customs of the Manor of Lorton. Persons mentioned include William Briggs, John Nicolson, Ed. Birket. Written on one sheet of vellum, long and narrow, bearing one red wax seal and four blue revenue stamps, in good condition. 15 pounds
[Manuscript] Indenture, 1797, between Ann Wilkinson, of High Lorton, and John Stricket, of Cockermouth: conveyance of six closes of land at Lorton, known as Far Gain Banks, Near Gain Banks, Hew Halts, Lowfield, Boon Race, and Boon Race Meadow. The closes were held of the Manor of Lorton, of which the lords were the Dean and Chapter of Carlisle Cathedral. Persons mentioned include John Wilkinson, Thomas Fisher, Joseph Hudson. Written on one sheet of paper, in very good condition, bearing one red wax seal. 9 pounds
HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS IN THE LAKE DISTRICT, A.G. Bradley, reprinted, 1919; frequent illus. by Joseph Pennell; folding map; xii+332pp; 8vo; orig. gilt dec. navy cloth, a good, firm copy. 8 pounds
HISTORY OF PENRITH, William Furness ["Ewanian"] , facsimile edition, Bookcase, 1993; from the earliest record to the present time; portrait frontispiece and other illus.; index; viii+376pp; 8vo; orig. gilt dec. navy cloth, almost as new. 13 pounds
MARRIAGE BONDS FOR THE DEANERIES OF LONSDALE, KENDAL, FURNESS, COPELAND & AMOUNDERNESS, IN THE ARCHDEACONRY OF RICHMOND, PART VII: 1746-1755, ed. R. Dickinson, Lancs. & Cheshire Record Soc., Vol. 115, 1975; well indexed; [4+]162pp; 8vo; orig. green cloth gilt, lightly used. 12 pounds
The area covered includes parts of the old Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire.
THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST. KENTIGERN, CROSTHWAITE, F.C. Eeles, Carlisle, 1953; illus.; ix+79pp; small 8vo; orig. cloth, sound copy, dust-jacket torn. 8 pounds